June 1, 2011

Spring into Shape Day 3: A Different Kind of Fit

Today I participated in a stroller fit session run mainly by one of my mummy friends. She watched a lot of youtube videos for her research! It was great! It involved a lot of movement, a lot of interacting with our babies and lots of different exercises. I even had to draw out a hopscotch with chalk! We finished off with stretches in the shade while the babies played on a bunch of blankets in the middle. I felt really good, not tired like I usually do after exercising. Does that mean I didn't get as much out of it? I don't think so. I really felt the workout as I was doing, and I'm sure I will feel it more tomorrow.

For any new mummies out there, if you can't afford or don't have the time to join a stroller fit class, get a few friends together and create your own, it's lots of fun. Or do it on your own even if it's just 20 minutes around the block. Throw in some lunges as you walk, stop and do some squats, count of jumping jacks to entertain your baby, don't hold back. Get fit with stroller fit!

P.S. Don't forget the sunscreen, not just for the baby, but for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...