June 28, 2011

I'm baaaccckk

Surgery went well. Only 4 days later, I am almost completely recovered. The body is an amazing thing! Without the help of my mama, I don't think I would have healed so well. We spent 2 days at my parents' place and then she came home with us for 2 days and she took care of all the baby lifting, which incidentally included about 4 poopy diaper changes a day (!), all the feedings, playing, everything really. As a result, I was able to rest, take naps and allow my body the time it needed to make a speedy and healthy recovery. I have the best mama in the world!

Now that I am on the mend, I can concentrate on bigger and better things...planning a certain someone's 1st birthday! I have 5 weeks left and haven't done anything, other than send the invites, and start discussing the menu. Tomorrow X-man and I will head out and start picking things up and making things, hopefully he will be in the mood to play independently a lot of the next few weeks! I mean, only when I need to accomplish something, otherwise, I'm all his!

P.S. Now, I don't know if it's because they took out a body part that had stones in it, or if it was my 2 day soup and jello diet, but I've lost over 5 pounds! This should be my push to continue my healthy lifestyle and give me that extra  determination. So far, it's working, I hope it lasts. I think I will incorporate jello into my daily routine because it obviously had a hand in all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...