June 12, 2011

Prom 2011

I completely forgot to mention that I went to chaperon the prom on Friday night. It was actually my first night "out" without baby or husband! Granted there were over 200 students that I was technically babysitting, the fact that I didn't have to make my own dinner and that I spent all night on the dance floor, makes up for it. 
And when I say that I spent all night on the dance floor, I'm not kidding. I let the kids have the first song to themselves and then I took up my post and shook what my mommy gave me until the last song. By the end I was jumping up and down, fist pumping with all the Grade 12s. I always chaperon the prom. I love it. I really like to see my students all dressed up and dancing the night away. It was definitely a workout too, so in line with my Spring in to Shape 2 week blitz, it was perfect timing. I danced non-stop for 3 hours and worked it hard to make it worthwhile. Ok, ok, I only go because I want to dance to good music, but it is definitely a workout. . The truth is out! I really enjoy dancing and as we have gotten older, it seems that nobody wants to go dancing anymore. I'm lucky if I can get anyone to go out to a club once a year, so this is my one guaranteed night of dancing. Pathetic, I know, but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...