January 24, 2011

Feeling lighter

Of the mind and of the spirit.
X-man and I have been busy entertaining ourselves since his great grandma left and we're doing just fine. We have no routine whatsoever, it's fantastic! He never rises earlier than 8am so that works for moi.
However, after that one attempt with letting him cry it out, I haven't had the guts to try again. I know that you don't see adults sleeping in their parents' beds, but I get NOTHING done because it seems to be extending to also when he is awake sometimes. He'll spend max 10 minutes in his exersaucer, so far doesn't like the Jolly Jumper, his mats on the ground are a guess from day to day, more recently he starts to cry within minutes of being put down, my only saving grace that lets me run a load of laundry or get the dishes done is his high chair. This just means constantly picking up the toys he pitches on the ground, which is fine. However, I don't want him spending all his time in a sitting position in there. 
He scoffs at shushing and patting him when he is upset, he basically tells me to f-off when I try that. So, I think it's going to have be tough love with this guy, my own fault. My mum told me from the beginning to lay him in his crib to sleep, but I didn't want to be apart, and couldn't get up out of bed anyway for the first week and I loved so much being with him that I resisted. Now I and he are paying the price. I just keep thinking that we will be going away in a couple of months and he will have to sleep separate from me so I have to start at some point...
Who could resist spending every minute of the day with this squishy face?!


On a healthy note, eating is more or less going in a positive direction. As opposed to indulging in the Hershey Kisses that I have already bought for Valentine's Day (why so early you ask...I have no idea), I had some yummy cherries that my maman brought me yesterday. 




Also made a huge pot of tomato and veggies soup with lentils. Just had some now for the first time and it's not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...