May 27, 2011

Tonight's dinner *Warning* Very bad pictures

A little while ago I started documenting what I was making for dinner in an effort to inspire myself to be creative and thus to begin a healthier lifestyle. I was doing really well for a while and then fell off the wagon. So, here we go again, by knowing that I'm going to post meals I prepare, it makes me want to change things up and try new things.
This evening's meal was good, made up of some leftovers and fresh items, but I didn't have my camera with me so I used my phone, hence the bad quality pictures and the food not looking so appetizing. 

Ingredients

- chicken breast, whole
- teriyaki sauce
Earlier in the day I placed the chicken breast in a ziploc bag and poured in the teriyaki sauce so that it would soak it in.

- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 zuchinni, cut lengthwise
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- Macedonian feta cheese, pieces
- yellow wax beans
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- canola oil

Chicken

Pour very little oil in skillet and turn on. Once oil is hot, place chicken breast in skillet. Cover with lid and turn heat to low-medium so that sauce doesn't cook too fast and caramelize. After 10 minutes add the red pepper, zucchini and green onions. Cook for approximately 15 more minutes. Ensure chicken is cooked through by cutting open a little section in the thickest part of one of the breasts.

As the teriyaki sauce cooks, it gets darker and thicker.

Side dishes

Chop both ends off the beans. Wash well in strainer. Cook in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, until beans have reached your desired tenderness. Some people prefer them crunchier rather than soft, so it's up to you to make that decision. Heat up oil in a pan, add garlic. When oil ready, add beans. Toss every couple minutes to coat all the beans in garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes at high heat. 
I also added a mini salad on the side of cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.

I love feta cheese, but the best is Macedonian. It's creamy and smooth and so yummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...