May 30, 2011

1st day of Spring into Shape: Stroller Fit

Today I attended a Stroller Fit class run by a fellow mummy who is actually a fitness trainer. 
Prior to signing up to this class, a friend and I had already decided to set-up our own. It came about one day when she was asking a bunch of us if we'd like to sign-up for some stroller fit classes. I said that I'd rather not pay for something like that and why don't we set-up our own. She agreed whole heartedly and I haven't done a thing for it since then, however, she has dedicated time to looking up some youtube videos for ideas and even typed up a list of exercises we can work our way through. How awesome is she for doing this?!
Back to today though. Mummies and babies met by the lake, ready to become fit. Let's talk about how hot it was for a second. It was pretty darn hot! I was already sweating from the walk to our exercise spot! How pathetic is that? X-man was pretty co-operative for the most part. I did take him out and put him on the mat and he entertained himself with Cheerios and my water bottle. As for the exercise, there were a lot of squats involved! We also did lunges, pushing and pulling the stroller or holding the babies. A few push ups were attempted, I mean real ones, not girly on your knee ones. I actually managed to complete a few, and by a few, I think I mean 4. These bicep muscles must be from carrying around the baby all the time! Then we were instructed to do the plank. Well my friends, I am not friends with the plank. Lets leave it at that. All in all, it was a good experience. Tiring because of the heat, and it makes it harder having to attend to a baby the entire time, but I'm glad I went out and did it, and it will all help in the long run. Next Spring into Shape activity is a picnic in the park tomorrow. You may be asking yourself, how is a picnic equivalent to exercise? My answer to you is that I have a 9.5 month old who is very active. Although not walking yet, he goes anywhere and everywhere and wants to see and touch everything. Not that at any age he sat still anywhere, but now he is mobile. So tomorrow, in the predicted 41 degree Celcius heat, I will be sweating off the pounds while chasing my baby in the park. Wednesday will be another stroller fit class, but this one will be lead by my friend and I who have no experience whatsoever!
As for my food regimen today...it was touch and go. Had a good breakfast, no lunch, went to the Romanian store and bought Cremsnit. I know, I know, I shouldn't have. For those who don't know what Cremsnit is, it's a pastry made of flour, powder sugar, milk, yolks, vanilla and butter. It's basically a custard filling inside of phyllo dough. Here's a picture of it before I ate it. I'm drooling just looking at it.

And dinner was a yummy steak made on the barbecue, so no oil involved, but I added 2 spoonfuls of teriyaki sauce and a simple salad of greens, tomato, red onion, celery and cucumber, with lime juice dressing. And it looked something like this.

And this is what I popped in the freezer this evening in preparation for tomorrow's heat. This will be my first time trying frozen grapes and I have no doubt that I will enjoy them very much. And the little man will have to settle for regular non-frozen ones.


Check out the rest of the ladies involved in Spring into Shape:










Grandma's Guide to Life

WAHM BAHM

MoscatoMom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...